Monday, December 31, 2007

Serendipity

We went to Las Vegas a few weeks ago, and I got to play with my new camera a bit (Canon Digital Rebel XTi). I'm still learning the manual settings on it, so quite a few pictures didn't turn out so well. But some turned out great. You can view them all (plus everyone else's) here.

Even though I did quite a bit of fiddling with knobs and adjusting exposure, aperture, etc., I think one of my favorite shots was a fluke. We were walking down the strip, and this guy had some sort of lizard on his arm, possibly an iguana.

Without aiming, or even looking through the viewfinder, I swung the camera to the left and snapped this photo. I think it turned out great. The depth of field is perfect. You can just make out the look of wonder on the kid's face in the background (amid the blue paint - WTF?). And the lizard looks like he's looking right at the camera.

No comments: